Monday, December 21, 2015

Website Design


             Over the course of my time in Com322 I can honestly say I learned a lot more about Adobe applications then I knew going into the class. Prior to taking the course I had never worked in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or Dreamweaver, so as you can imagine working in these applications was a new experience for me. From the resume design, to the poster, to the post card to the brochure it was all an exciting and at times frustrating experience for me. The last project we were asked to do was a three page website which I had never done in my college career and not only did I learn how to use Dreamweaver to construct my own website, I now have a working website I can use in my professional life as well as promote myself as a communications major. I can also in the future make different websites for myself and for others. My website has all the proper content including a professional profile picture, a brief biography, a collection of my work, and a contact page. As I carry on in my professional life I can now efficiently add pieces of work and remove older pieces of work as my website grows. I have other projects from different classes that I can add to the site. Another good aspect about creating my site is that because I’ve been able to make a website so earlier in my career will be able to see how my brand and skills grow overtime. Another way I can use my skills in all of the Adobe applications is for future jobs. At a certain point after college I will be applying for entry level jobs and I can put down that I have worked I these applications which expands my expertise according to employers. One of my favorite elements of the website is that I have working social media links that can lead you right to my professional pages and blog. On my profiles page I have social media projects that I completed throughout the semester that tie into my website. It showcases my best work in the adobe applications and also shows my progress as a student from my very first project to my last. Lastly it gives viewers an idea of what I am capable of doing and how well I work in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver. Over all my experience of designing the site was a very informative one. I became more aware of how creative I was as designing something to represent myself in a visual way. Learning how to use the software used to design the site helped me to realize how organization is key. The codes and inserts used to make the website was a bit confusing at first, however organizing my site folders helped me out tremendously in staying on track and placing things in the right folders. All elements of the Adobe applications helped me in designing my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment