Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Working Well Together

         The post card exercise was an essential part in design communication for a few different reasons. One being because this is the first exercise that we used all three adobe applications for one project. Usually when working on a project we only uses Indesign, or maybe Indesign and Photoshop, but this time around we used Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator so it was pretty cool to see how they all interact with each other. Also being able to have all three applications open at once and going back and forth between each one I picked up a few tricks and shortcuts that I hadn't know before. As far as the design and color pattern I chose for my post card, when I originally picked my picture I wanted to choose a color that corollated well with the color of the clothing I was wearing or the lipstick I had on. When I transported my picture from photoshop into Indesign I noticed that my picture was pretty pixelated. the picture being slightly distorted brought attention to the slight specks go navy blue in the robe I had on. This got me thinking that because the specks were so small and almost unnoticeable, it would be smart to make the background color of my postcard navy blue to bring attention to the colors in my robe. I used a fun font thats blocky and big for my heading and name just so it can be an easy read since it's one of the first things you see when looking at the postcard aside from the picture. For my body text I used a slightly italicized font that is also easy to read because it was flirty and complimented the expression I was giving in the picture. The heart graphics I choose to used also went along with the flirtatious vibe I was trying to exhibit. I didn't exactly realize how seductive the picture was until it was blown up, and from that I strategically choose to go with a certain things in my postcard. Overall I learned a lot more than expected such as how to save certain files when wanting to transport them to other adobe applications. I learned a lot more about layers and paths as far as photoshop and much more. Im more of a visually learner and the post card project was a fun way for me to learn more these applications at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment